UC Irvine selling ocean-view Laguna Beach house, a gift from professor, for $2.29 million
- November 27, 2018
- Orange County Register, Nov. 27, 2018
“This is a rarity,” said Patricia Harriman, spokeswoman for the foundation. “However, gifts of real estate are a smart way for donors to support the University and bypass capital gains taxes.” The money from the home sale will be invested to make sure graduate fellowships are “perpetually available as Dr. [Christian] Werner intended,” Harriman said.
For the full story, please visit https://www.ocregister.com/2018/11/27/uc-irvine-selling-ocean-view-laguna-beach-house-a-gift-from-professor-for-2-29-million/.
Related News Items
- Fall 2019 Werner Fellows
- UC Irvine pockets $2.14 million for house gifted by Laguna Beach professor
- UC Irvine offers late professor's donated Laguna home for sale at $2.3 million
- UCI receives $2.4 million gift from estate of former faculty member Christian Werner
- Around Town: UCI professor's estate donates to campus