Republicans working to appeal more to Asian voters
- November 25, 2018
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and poli sci, via the The Washington Times, Nov. 25, 2018
Louis Desipio, a political scientist at the University of California, Irvine, said
those plans were severely dented by the results. “In the Trump era, and particularly
in the midterms, the trend we have seen with Asian-Americans being solid Democrat
voters was confirmed,” he said. “I think we saw that in a couple of the congressional
races where the Asian-American electorate voted Democratic despite the fact you had
a Republican Asian-American candidate.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/25/republicans-working-to-appeal-more-to-asian-voters/.
Related News Items
- Orange County Democrats celebrate recall victory as Republicans look to the future
- Federal government considers two more California sites to house unaccompanied migrant children
- Biden's immigration reform bill could change everything... or not pass at all. Here's what you need to know.
- Biden unveils plan for path to citizenship, history of immigration reform
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021