Republicans working to appeal more to Asian voters
- November 25, 2018
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and poli sci, via the The Washington Times, Nov. 25, 2018
Louis Desipio, a political scientist at the University of California, Irvine, said
those plans were severely dented by the results. “In the Trump era, and particularly
in the midterms, the trend we have seen with Asian-Americans being solid Democrat
voters was confirmed,” he said. “I think we saw that in a couple of the congressional
races where the Asian-American electorate voted Democratic despite the fact you had
a Republican Asian-American candidate.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/25/republicans-working-to-appeal-more-to-asian-voters/.
Related News Items
- Threatened ICE raids create more political noise than police action
- Trump's threatened ICE raids could hearten his base, and terrify immigrants
- At a time of political divisions, a show of unity at Surf City parade
- Trump's sanctuary threat could answer immigrants' prayers
- California hits back as Trump threatens to 'dump' immigrants in 'sanctuary cities'