Orange County goes blue, as Democrats complete historic sweep of its seven congressional seats
- November 17, 2018
- Matt Beckmann, poli sci, via the Los Angeles Times, The Mercury News, The San Diego Union-Tribune, and Stars and Stripes, Nov. 17, 2018
“If Hillary Clinton would have won in 2016, these seats would still be Republican,” said UC Irvine politics professor Matthew Beckmann, noting the virtual certainty of the party in the White House losing seats in a president’s first midterm election.
For the full story, please visit https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-me-pol-orange-county-gop-house-20181117-story.html.
Related News Items
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- House members from Orange County land key committee roles
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump
- Vox co-founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein on politics and his Irvine roots
- As young girls they fled two different countries. In L.A. they found a friendship without borders