It’s not the economy, stupid!
- November 11, 2018
- Michael Tesler, poli sci, via The Washington Post, and Investor’s Business Daily, Nov. 11, 2018 (Opinion)
In a new book, “Identity Crisis: The 2016 Presidential Campaign and the Battle for
the Meaning of America,” political scientists John Sides of George Washington University,
Michael Tesler of the University of California, Irvine, and Lynn Vavreck of the University
of California, Los Angeles, argue that the last presidential campaign was a clash
of identities, to borrow a phrase from the late political scientist Samuel Huntington.
For the full story, please visit https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/its-not-the-economy-stupid/2018/11/11/e1da4040-e453-11e8-ab2c-b31dcd53ca6b_story.html?utm_term=.fd6c96363725.
Related News Items
- America's racial awakening forces Virginia Military Institute to confront its past - and future
- The souls of white folk
- Asian Americans fastest-growing racial group in US: Pew research
- Why the recent violence against Asian Americans may solidify their support of democrats
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021