AP FACT CHECK: Trump-tweeted ad unfairly blames Democrats
- November 1, 2018
- Ruben Rumbaut, sociology, via the Associated Press, Nov. 1, 2018
Ruben Rumbaut, a University of California, Irvine sociology professor, co-authored
a recent study that noted crime rates fell sharply from 1990 to 2015 at a time when
illegal immigration spiked. Crime rates were low in immigrant rich cities and among
lowest along the border, like El Paso, Texas, and San Diego.
For the full story, please visit https://www.apnews.com/cd25caa3f48747cab8dcb6d4af01a9a2.
Related News Items
- UCI sociologists are making their mark
- New program allows incarcerated students to get bachelor's degrees alongside peers on the outside
- 'The US isn't an option anymore': why California's immigrants are heading back to Mexico
- UCI and CDCR sign MOU to partner on new in-prison bachelor's degree program
- Immigration: A boon or burden to U.S. society?