5 unnervingly spooky houseplants for Halloween
- October 31, 2018
- Carter Butts, sociology, via The Wall Street Journal, Oct. 31, 2018
“Few plants resort to violence to make a living, but it helps them secure nutrients like nitrogen tha. t’s lacking in their soil,” said Carter Butts, a professor who studies the plant’s genomes at the University of California, Irvine.
For the full story, please visit https://www.wsj.com/articles/5-unnervingly-spooky-houseplants-for-halloween-1508936404?mod=searchresults&page=1&pos=1.
Related News Items
- UCI sociologists are making their mark
- New program allows incarcerated students to get bachelor's degrees alongside peers on the outside
- UCI and CDCR sign MOU to partner on new in-prison bachelor's degree program
- Population distribution can greatly impact COVID-19 spread, study finds
- Population distribution can greatly impact COVID-19 spread, UCI-led study finds