China’s demographic prospects to 2040: Opportunities, constraints, potential policy responses
- October 25, 2018
- Wang Feng, sociology, via the Hoover Institution
Professor Wang Feng of UC Irvine and Fudan University and colleagues calculated that
as of 2010 Chinese seniors earned less than 40 percent of the resources that were
sustaining them at age 65; just 20% at age 70; and maybe 10% at age 75.
For the full story, please visit https://www.hoover.org/research/chinas-demographic-prospects-2040-opportunities-constraints-potential-policy-responses.
Related News Items
- UCI sociologists are making their mark
- New program allows incarcerated students to get bachelor's degrees alongside peers on the outside
- China isn't that strategic
- 'A sacrifice for a generation': China scrambles to boost its population with 3-child policy
- Opinion: The real reason behind China's three-child policy