Migrant caravan no emergency for Gavin Newsom: He’d pull CA Guard from border
- October 25, 2018
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and poli sci, via the San Francisco Chronicle, Oct. 25, 2018
Louis DeSipio, professor of political science and Chicano studies at UC Irvine [said]
“For Newsom supporters, this is the state of resistance, so you don’t want to use
a state resource to advance policies the state is opposing in other venues, like the
courts and the Legislature,” .… But, DeSipio said, all the fuss is probably unwarranted
when it comes to a need to strengthen border security. “By the time the caravan gets
to the U.S.-Mexico border, most will have dispersed,” he said.
For the full story, please visit https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics/article/Migrant-caravan-no-emergency-for-Gavin-Newsom-13337402.php.
Related News Items
- Orange County Democrats celebrate recall victory as Republicans look to the future
- Federal government considers two more California sites to house unaccompanied migrant children
- Biden's immigration reform bill could change everything... or not pass at all. Here's what you need to know.
- Biden unveils plan for path to citizenship, history of immigration reform
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021