Politics and protest: Hitting the streets in the Trump era (audio)
- October 19, 2018
- David Meyer, sociology, via WNYC, Oct. 19, 2018
This hour, Amy Walter takes a look at the impact of these movements and whether or
not the energy they’ve produced will transfer to the polls in November. David S. Meyer
is the Professor of Sociology at the University of California, Irvine …. He begins
the hour with a look at the role of protest in American history and politics.
For the full story, please visit https://www.wnycstudios.org/story/politics-protest-hitting-streets-trump-era.
Related News Items
- 10 years later, was the Occupy Wall Street movement effective?
- Opinion: Three reasons the U.S. hasn't passed more gun regulations; and one reason now might be different.
- Why the world says Breonna Taylor's name
- A BLM protest brought thousands of national guardsmen to D.C. in June. Where were they Wednesday?
- Factbox: Bombings, shootings, beatings - U.S. Capitol's history of violence