Judges pick expert to help in redistricting of Virginia
- October 19, 2018
- Bernie Grofman, poli sci, via The New York Times (AP), The Washington Post, U.S. News and World Report, Daily Journal, NBC, SF Gate, and Virginia Mercury, Oct. 19, 2018
A three-judge panel appointed Bernard Grofman, an economics and political science professor at the University of California, Irvine, on Thursday. The judges indicated they want a new map in place by March 28, 2019.
For the full story, please visit https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2018/10/19/us/ap-us-virginia-redistricting.html.
Related News Items
- Midterm elections 2022: Redistricting could help Republicans take back House
- As the Democrats skirmish over their omnibus bill, here's what they can learn from Harry Truman
- Which states will gain or lose seats in the next Congress
- The gerrymander battles loom, as G.O.P. looks to press its advantage
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021