A new study reveals the real reason Obama voters switched to Trump
- October 16, 2018
- Michael Tesler, poli sci, via Vox, Oct. 16, 2018
A second reason is that Obama’s very presence in office was racially polarizing. Michael
Tesler, a scholar at the University of California-Irvine, has documented in detail
how Obama’s very presence in the White House polarized America along racial lines.
It would make sense that this effect would grow stronger the longer Obama was in office,
setting the stage for a major backlash in his final year.
For the full story, please visit https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/10/16/17980820/trump-obama-2016-race-racism-class-economy-2018-midterm.
Related News Items
- America's racial awakening forces Virginia Military Institute to confront its past - and future
- The souls of white folk
- Asian Americans fastest-growing racial group in US: Pew research
- Why the recent violence against Asian Americans may solidify their support of democrats
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021