Ripple effect? Amazon's $15 wage may help lift pay elsewhere
- October 3, 2018
- David Neumark, economics, in CBS News, ABC News, SF Gate, Miami Herald, Newsday, and multiple outlets nationwide
Low-paid workers "get kicked the most in the recession, and they generally benefit more later in the boom," said David Neumark, an economist at University of California, Irvine.
For the full story, please visit https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2018/10/03/us/politics/ap-us-amazon-wages-ripple-effects.html.
Related News Items
- Face-to-face job interviews can trigger age bias
- Minimum wage hikes fuel higher pay growth for those at the bottom
- Incentives to hire
- Americans over 40 are half as likely to get hired -- and it's worse for workers over 50
- Age discrimination starts when an employer becomes aware of an older worker's age