Ripple effect? Amazon's $15 wage may help lift pay elsewhere
- October 3, 2018
- David Neumark, economics, in CBS News, ABC News, SF Gate, Miami Herald, Newsday, and multiple outlets nationwide
Low-paid workers "get kicked the most in the recession, and they generally benefit more later in the boom," said David Neumark, an economist at University of California, Irvine.
For the full story, please visit https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2018/10/03/us/politics/ap-us-amazon-wages-ripple-effects.html.
Related News Items
- Research and commentary: Delaying minimum wage increase a necessity for the survival of California's businesses
- Newsletter: What rulers are reading
- Women at Google miss out on thousands of dollars as a result of pay discrimination, lawsuit alleges
- The women suing Google over gender discrimination want to expand the lawsuit to a class action
- Google women seek class-action status for gender-pay lawsuit