Amazon’s wage increase adds pressure for employers to boost pay
- October 2, 2018
- David Neumark, economics, in The Wall Street Journal, Oct. 2, 2018
Amazon.com Inc.’s plan to pay its workers a minimum of $15 an hour is fresh evidence that the strong job market is forcing businesses to bid up wages for lower-skilled workers …. “A lot of what’s going on is economic fundamentals–the labor market for low-skilled workers is really tight,” said David Neumark, a labor economist at the University of California-Irvine.
For the full story, please visit https://www.wsj.com/articles/amazons-wage-increase-adds-pressure-for-employers-to-boost-pay-1538518368.
Related News Items
- Who really earns the minimum wage?
- Opinion: Canada should follow the lead of Trump's America and grow jobs, not regulations
- Opinion: Democrats' job guarantee plan isn't such a good idea, economist says
- Business groups slam House for passing $15 minimum wage bill
- House votes to raise federal minimum wage to $15