Why the prosperity gap in the U.S. is stuck–and how to fix it
- October 2, 2018
- David Neumark, economics, in Fast Company, Oct. 2, 2018
David Neumark, professor of economics at the University of California, Irvine, advocates
for a fully federally funded job creation program in regions struggling with high
and persistent rates of unemployment. … The combination of job training, local partnerships,
and overall economic support, Neumark writes, is designed to create lasting impact
and set struggling counties back on the path toward convergence.
For the full story, please visit https://www.fastcompany.com/90243993/why-the-prosperity-gap-in-the-u-s-is-stuck-and-how-to-fix-it.
Related News Items
- Trump era tax cuts are expiring: What that could mean for the job market
- 22 states hiked the minimum wage. Now what?
- Minimum wages are going up. Low-paid workers probably won't notice.
- CA fast-food worker wage increase will begin in 2024. Here's how it'll affect you
- It's been the year of the worker. West Hollywood employers are so over it