Why the prosperity gap in the U.S. is stuck–and how to fix it
- October 2, 2018
- David Neumark, economics, in Fast Company, Oct. 2, 2018
David Neumark, professor of economics at the University of California, Irvine, advocates
for a fully federally funded job creation program in regions struggling with high
and persistent rates of unemployment. … The combination of job training, local partnerships,
and overall economic support, Neumark writes, is designed to create lasting impact
and set struggling counties back on the path toward convergence.
For the full story, please visit https://www.fastcompany.com/90243993/why-the-prosperity-gap-in-the-u-s-is-stuck-and-how-to-fix-it.
Related News Items
- Who really earns the minimum wage?
- Opinion: Canada should follow the lead of Trump's America and grow jobs, not regulations
- Opinion: Democrats' job guarantee plan isn't such a good idea, economist says
- Business groups slam House for passing $15 minimum wage bill
- House votes to raise federal minimum wage to $15