This Starbucks is staffed entirely by senior citizens
- September 16, 2018
- David Neumark, economics, in Simplemost, Sep. 16, 2018
David Neumark, director of the Center for Economics and Public Policy at the University
of California, Irvine, told Forbes last year that part of the reluctance to hire senior
employees boiled down to stereotypes and discrimination. “One thing that always strikes
me is social attitudes,” Neumark said. “People who would never make a racist or sexist
joke will make an ageist joke without thinking about it. The social acceptability
of that is remarkable.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.simplemost.com/this-starbucks-is-staffed-entirely-by-senior-citizens/.
Related News Items
- Trump era tax cuts are expiring: What that could mean for the job market
- 22 states hiked the minimum wage. Now what?
- Minimum wages are going up. Low-paid workers probably won't notice.
- CA fast-food worker wage increase will begin in 2024. Here's how it'll affect you
- It's been the year of the worker. West Hollywood employers are so over it