This Starbucks is staffed entirely by senior citizens
- September 16, 2018
- David Neumark, economics, in Simplemost, Sep. 16, 2018
David Neumark, director of the Center for Economics and Public Policy at the University
of California, Irvine, told Forbes last year that part of the reluctance to hire senior
employees boiled down to stereotypes and discrimination. “One thing that always strikes
me is social attitudes,” Neumark said. “People who would never make a racist or sexist
joke will make an ageist joke without thinking about it. The social acceptability
of that is remarkable.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.simplemost.com/this-starbucks-is-staffed-entirely-by-senior-citizens/.
Related News Items
- Who really earns the minimum wage?
- Opinion: Canada should follow the lead of Trump's America and grow jobs, not regulations
- Opinion: Democrats' job guarantee plan isn't such a good idea, economist says
- Business groups slam House for passing $15 minimum wage bill
- House votes to raise federal minimum wage to $15