“Zombie ideas” on US immigration
- September 12, 2018
- A podcast featuring UCI sociologist Ruben Rumbaut on false ideas that will not die
Immigrants commit more crimes? Don't learn English? Hurt the U.S. economy? These are "zombie ideas"-- false claims that refuse to die. Professor Rubén Rumbaut sets the record straight.
Listen in, courtesy of Tempest Tossed: https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/tempest-tossed/zombie-ideas-on-us-7pkaC_y91v5/.
Related News Items
- A lesson in solidarity
- UCI sociologists are making their mark
- New program allows incarcerated students to get bachelor's degrees alongside peers on the outside
- 'The US isn't an option anymore': why California's immigrants are heading back to Mexico
- UCI and CDCR sign MOU to partner on new in-prison bachelor's degree program