Barack Obama’s crucial insight into the crisis of American democracy
- September 7, 2018
- Michael Tesler, poli sci, via Vox, Sep. 7, 2018
Many of these voters seem to have been motivated by Obama’s own victories. Research
by UC Irvine political scientist Michael Tesler has found that over the course of
Obama’s two terms, the country polarized significantly along racial lines with Republicans
in particular adopting more hostile views toward black people and civil rights. Race
came to shape every issue even people’s opinions on Obama’s dog Bo.
For the full story, please visit https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/9/7/17832266/obama-speech-illinois-transcript-trump-republicans.
Related News Items
- America's racial awakening forces Virginia Military Institute to confront its past - and future
- The souls of white folk
- Asian Americans fastest-growing racial group in US: Pew research
- Why the recent violence against Asian Americans may solidify their support of democrats
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021