The winners and losers in a cashless society
- July 30, 2018
- Bill Maurer, anthropology and law, in Barron’s, July 30, 2018
With cash, virtually no one has an incentive to promote it. Yet when you describe
it in basic terms, cash is amazing: “It can be given by anyone, accepted by anyone,
settled and cleared instantaneously,” University of California at Irvine professor
Bill Maurer told Grabar.
For the full story, please visit https://www.barrons.com/articles/the-winners-and-losers-in-a-cashless-society-1532985580.
Related News Items
- The Faketoshi Circus: Even Bitcoin Can't Escape the Politics of Money
- UCI launches new open online course on confronting digital extremism
- What Facebook's Libra really is
- Facebook's Libra: it's not the 'crypto' that's the issue, it's the organization behind it
- How to be inclusive with your payment methods