No shirt, no swipe, no service
- July 24, 2018
- Bill Maurer, anthropology, via Slate, July 24, 2018
This trend toward thinner wallets makes it easy to forget what a miracle cash is.
“Cash is profoundly democratic,” said Bill Maurer, the dean of the School of Social
Sciences at UC–Irvine and the author of How Would You Like to Pay? “It can be given
by anyone, accepted by anyone, settled and cleared instantaneously.”
For the full story, please visit https://slate.com/business/2018/07/cashless-stores-and-restaurants-are-on-the-rise-to-the-delight-of-credit-card-companies.html.
Related News Items
- The Faketoshi Circus: Even Bitcoin Can't Escape the Politics of Money
- UCI launches new open online course on confronting digital extremism
- What Facebook's Libra really is
- Facebook's Libra: it's not the 'crypto' that's the issue, it's the organization behind it
- How to be inclusive with your payment methods