Women who wear makeup at work are getting paid more, according to study
- June 7, 2018
- Andrew Penner and Jaclyn Wong, sociology, via Indy 100, June 7, 2018
Sociologists [UCI alumna] Jaclyn Wong and [UCI Associate Professor of sociology] Andrew Penner collected data from more than 14,000 employees and found that there is a link between income and effort-based attractiveness.
For the full story, please visit https://www.indy100.com/article/women-wear-makeup-work-office-paid-more-money-8386616.
Related News Items
- Workplaces everywhere are dressing down, but is the trend actually making life any easier for office workers?
- Making a difference
- UCI leads NIH-funded study of education's effects on healthy transitions to adulthood
- U.S. Department of Education awards $10 million grant to launch multi-university research center on national school choice
- You're more likely to get a better salary if you wear makeup to work