Women who wear makeup at work are getting paid more, according to study
- June 7, 2018
- Andrew Penner and Jaclyn Wong, sociology, via Indy 100, June 7, 2018
Sociologists [UCI alumna] Jaclyn Wong and [UCI Associate Professor of sociology] Andrew Penner collected data from more than 14,000 employees and found that there is a link between income and effort-based attractiveness.
For the full story, please visit https://www.indy100.com/article/women-wear-makeup-work-office-paid-more-money-8386616.
Related News Items
- A lesson in solidarity
- School discipline causes lasting, harmful impact on Black students, study finds
- UCI-led study links school suspensions and expulsions with inequality in early adulthood
- UCI sociologists are making their mark
- New program allows incarcerated students to get bachelor's degrees alongside peers on the outside