Women who wear makeup at work are getting paid more, according to study
- June 7, 2018
- Andrew Penner and Jaclyn Wong, sociology, via Indy 100, June 7, 2018
Sociologists [UCI alumna] Jaclyn Wong and [UCI Associate Professor of sociology] Andrew Penner collected data from more than 14,000 employees and found that there is a link between income and effort-based attractiveness.
For the full story, please visit https://www.indy100.com/article/women-wear-makeup-work-office-paid-more-money-8386616.
Related News Items
- Gender pay gap persists globally, even for same jobs within companies
- Study finds pay practices, job barriers to blame for women making less than men
- 15 country study of gender pay equity finds US nowhere near the leader
- Gender equity with Karen Adams, KNX News
- UCI-led study finds pay practices, job barriers to blame for women making less than men