5 questions new working parents should ask themselves
- May 16, 2018
- Research by Judy Treas, sociology, in the Harvard Business Review, May 16, 2018
Researchers at UC Irvine found that parents in 11 countries spend nearly twice as much time with their kids as they did 50 years ago, with moms spending almost an hour more each day than in 1965 and dads spending nearly an hour each day with kids (as compared with 15 minutes in 1965).
For the full story, please visit https://hbr.org/2018/05/5-questions-new-working-parents-should-ask-themselves.
Related News Items
- At work while at home: The new paradigm
- European parents have historically been relaxed when it comes to raising their children, but today more and more are adopting the kind of intensive parenting style common in the US
- Making a difference
- Feeling guilty about not spending time with your kids? Here's what really matters
- Modern parents spend more time with their kids than their parents spent with them