Bay Area student organizers are in vanguard in wake of Florida slayings
- February 23, 2018
- David Meyer, sociology, via that San Francisco Chronicle, Feb. 23, 2018
The concern from organizers is that opponents will tag the students as puppets of liberal organizations in an effort to diminish their message. “One of the ways to discredit a movement — any movement — is to say they’re naive or corrupt or in league with someone else,” said UC Irvine sociology Professor David Meyer, author of “The Politics of Protest: Social Movements in America.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Bay-Area-student-organizers-are-in-vanguard-in-12704835.php.
Related News Items
- Some say Occupy Wall Street did nothing. It changed us more than we think
- 10 years later, was the Occupy Wall Street movement effective?
- Opinion: Three reasons the U.S. hasn't passed more gun regulations; and one reason now might be different.
- Why the world says Breonna Taylor's name
- A BLM protest brought thousands of national guardsmen to D.C. in June. Where were they Wednesday?