Ed Markey’s career-long fight against nuclear weapons
- February 17, 2018
- David Meyer, sociology, in The Boston Globe, Feb. 17, 2018
“Markey is one of the real congressional stalwarts on this,“ said David S. Meyer, a University of California, Irvine professor, who had lunch with the then-congressman about the effort to freeze the development of nuclear weapons in 1982, and has been following his career ever since. “I can’t think of somebody who has been doing it longer and more consistently than he has.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2018/02/17/the-battle-against-nukes-markey-longest-fight/8Z49ZfrAMNA9PaWBNalDTN/story.html.
Related News Items
- Some say Occupy Wall Street did nothing. It changed us more than we think
- 10 years later, was the Occupy Wall Street movement effective?
- Opinion: Three reasons the U.S. hasn't passed more gun regulations; and one reason now might be different.
- Why the world says Breonna Taylor's name
- A BLM protest brought thousands of national guardsmen to D.C. in June. Where were they Wednesday?