What Amazon does to wages
- January 18, 2018
- David Neumark, economics, in The Economist, Jan. 18, 2018
David Neumark of the University of California, Irvine, who has written about the impact
of Walmart’s growth on retail wages, says Amazon’s highly automated warehouses may
not require as many workers who can, say, operate a pallet jack.
For the full story, please visit https://www.economist.com/news/united-states/21735020-worlds-largest-retailer-underpaying-its-employees-what-amazon-does-wages.
Related News Items
- Opinion: 'Natural experiments' lead to an economics Nobel
- The Nobel in economics goes to three who find experiments in real life
- America celebrates Labor Day - but are US workers winning?
- 60% of older workers say being old hurts their future job prospects
- California tax incentive's success is in its failures