White racial resentment has been gaining political power for decades
- January 15, 2018
- Michael Tesler, poli sci, via The Washington Post, Jan. 15, 2018
[UCI] political scientist Michael Tesler has shown that during the Obama presidency,
Americans’ opinions about ostensibly nonracial issues such as health care became more
closely related to their racial attitudes — as a result of being governed by the first
black U.S. president.
For the full story, please visit https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2018/01/15/white-racial-resentment-has-been-gaining-political-power-for-decades/?utm_term=.9bd5cf76e69a.
Related News Items
- Language Science Ph.D. student presents work at the annual meeting for the Society for the Neurobiology of Language
- A remarkable shift in attitudes leaves U.S. even more divided on race
- The U.S.-China tariff failure of 2019
- What will Santa Ana do to keep low-income and Latino residents safe from toxic lead?
- Focus of Fed trading furore shifts to Powell's activities