Trump calls for 'bill of love' allowing DACA recipients to remain
- January 9, 2018
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and poli sci, via KPCC
Louis DeSipio, University of California, Irvine political scientist, said any negotiations with Trump will have to include more border security and immigration enforcement. Certain, he wants some wall in there," DeSipio said. But he added Trump seemed somewhat willing to compromise in this area. “He indicated that he’d be open to it (a DACA compromise) so long as it includes some form of border security,” DeSipio said, “and that is probably where I think he made his biggest concessions.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.scpr.org/news/2018/01/09/79686/trump-calls-for-bill-of-love-allowing-daca-recipie/.
Related News Items
- Orange County Democrats celebrate recall victory as Republicans look to the future
- Federal government considers two more California sites to house unaccompanied migrant children
- Biden's immigration reform bill could change everything... or not pass at all. Here's what you need to know.
- Biden unveils plan for path to citizenship, history of immigration reform
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021