California Today: Raises come with increase in minimum wage
- January 5, 2018
- David Neumark, economics, in The New York Times, Jan. 5, 2018
It is far too early to say just how the increase is affecting businesses or whether
the bump is changing the lives of low-income families, but economists are watching
closely to understand the impact of the increase. “The short answer is we don’t know
much yet,” said David Neumark, a professor of economics and the director of the Economic
Self-Sufficiency Policy Research Institute at University of California, Irvine.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/05/us/california-today-raises-come-with-increase-in-minimum-wage.html.
Related News Items
- Opinion: 'Natural experiments' lead to an economics Nobel
- The Nobel in economics goes to three who find experiments in real life
- America celebrates Labor Day - but are US workers winning?
- 60% of older workers say being old hurts their future job prospects
- California tax incentive's success is in its failures