Protesters are getting ready in case Trump fires Robert Mueller
- January 2, 2018
- David Meyer, sociology, in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Jan. 2, 2018
David S. Meyer, a University of California, Irvine sociology professor who wrote a book called “The Politics of Protest,” said there are some signs that anti-Trump demonstrators are producing the kind of electoral energy that would be needed for Democrats to retake control of Congress in 2018 and the White House in 2020.
Related News Items
- 10 years later, was the Occupy Wall Street movement effective?
- Opinion: Three reasons the U.S. hasn't passed more gun regulations; and one reason now might be different.
- Why the world says Breonna Taylor's name
- A BLM protest brought thousands of national guardsmen to D.C. in June. Where were they Wednesday?
- Factbox: Bombings, shootings, beatings - U.S. Capitol's history of violence