Does Facebook facilitate age discrimination in job ads?
- December 21, 2017
- David Neumark, economics, via Inc., Dec. 21, 2017
"One thing that always strikes me is social attitudes," says David Neumark, economist
and director of the Center for Economics & Public Policy at the University of California,
Irvine. "People who would never make a racist or sexist joke will make an ageist joke
without thinking about it. The social acceptability of that is remarkable."
For the full story, please visit https://www.inc.com/suzanne-lucas/does-facebook-facilitate-age-discrimination-in-job-ads.html.
Related News Items
- Opinion: Minimum wages are going up. jobs may disappear.
- Ageist language in job ads discourages older applicants, UCI-led study finds
- Bad news, older tech workers: Job advert language works against you
- Must be 'fit and active' or 'digital native': how ageist language keeps older workers out
- Advancing labor market research