Feeling guilty about not spending time with your kids? Here's what really matters
- December 6, 2017
- Judy Treas, sociology, via the Chicago Tribune, Dec. 6, 2017
Mothers spend an average of 104 minutes a day with their children, while fathers spend
59 minutes, compared with the 54 minutes and 16 minutes mothers and fathers, respectively,
spent with them in 1965, according to a 2016 University of California, Irvine study.
For the full story, please visit http://www.chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/parenting/sc-fam-quality-time-kids-parenting-1219-story.html.
Related News Items
- European parents have historically been relaxed when it comes to raising their children, but today more and more are adopting the kind of intensive parenting style common in the US
- Making a difference
- 5 questions new working parents should ask themselves
- Modern parents spend more time with their kids than their parents spent with them
- The top 10 U.S. colleges for sociology majors