White voters would be discriminated against by Navajos, say San Juan Co. Commissioners of proposed voting district boundaries
- December 6, 2017
- Bernie Grofman, poli sci, via The Salt Lake Tribune, Dec. 6, 2017
In June, Shelby declared the county’s new proposals did not meet legal mandates. He then appointed Bernard Grofman, a professor of political science at the University of California, Irvine, to redraw them.
Related News Items
- Why the Democrats' likely poor midterm performance this year may be of their own and Joe Biden's making
- Commentary: Bellwether counties are mostly a matter of chance and are now poor predictors of presidential election results.
- Amid primary disarray, Ohio Redistricting Commission starts work on 4th legislative maps
- Judges replace the NC congressional redistricting plan. The state Supreme Court denies all requests for a stay.
- Trial court rejects NC congressional map, OKs legislative districts