Watergate offers parallels, but doesn’t predict what will happen to Trump
- November 3, 2017
- Matt Beckmann, poli sci, via the Orange County Register, Nov. 3, 2017
“The main parallels I see between the Watergate indictments and the ones now is that
it gives investigators leverage to find out all sorts of details that would otherwise
be hard to observe,” said UC Irvine political scientist Matthew Beckmann. “In Watergate,
indictments got investigators past the spin to discover the underlying crimes.
For the full story, please visit http://www.ocregister.com/2017/11/03/watergate-offers-parallels-but-doesnt-predict-what-will-happen-to-trump/.
Related News Items
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- House members from Orange County land key committee roles
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump
- Vox co-founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein on politics and his Irvine roots
- Leaked calendars show how much Trump's ad hoc approach differs from his predecessors