If DACA is rescinded, what can local government do to protect Dreamers? Not much (Audio)
- August 30, 2017
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and political science, on KPCC, Aug. 30, 2017
To benefit from these policies, one must be arrested first, says Louis DeSipio, a
political scientist at University of California, Irvine. Most so-called "sanctuary"
law enforcement policies are geared toward those who wind up in the custody of local
police, he said.
For the full story, please visit https://www.scpr.org/news/2017/08/30/75153/if-daca-is-rescinded-what-can-local-government-do/.
Related News Items
- Targeting Latino voters in the world we now live
- Orange County was the heart of California conservatism. Now it's up for grabs.
- 20 Western Hemisphere nations sign Los Angeles Declaration on migrants despite key absences
- Orange County election results: Spitzer reelected as DA, Supervisor seat headed for runoff
- Orange County voters head to polls with plenty of choices