If DACA is rescinded, what can local government do to protect Dreamers? Not much (Audio)
- August 30, 2017
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and political science, on KPCC, Aug. 30, 2017
To benefit from these policies, one must be arrested first, says Louis DeSipio, a
political scientist at University of California, Irvine. Most so-called "sanctuary"
law enforcement policies are geared toward those who wind up in the custody of local
police, he said.
For the full story, please visit https://www.scpr.org/news/2017/08/30/75153/if-daca-is-rescinded-what-can-local-government-do/.
Related News Items
- Traditionally Republican Arizona now a Trump-Biden battleground
- Immigrants in California applying to become US citizens
- Republicans claim victory in two special elections
- Joe Biden must follow Bernie Sanders' example and aggressively court Latinos
- Naturalized citizens could be critical in this fall's election