The top 10 U.S. colleges for sociology majors
- July 29, 2017
- UCI Department of Sociology featured by USA Today College, July 29, 2017
Another member of the University of California system comes in at number eight. UC-Irvine is a public research university with high freshman retention and on-time graduation rates. The sociology major is one of the most popular on campus with over 600 students in the undergraduate program. Students have the opportunity to earn up to four specialization certificates in focus areas such as public policy and diversity. Upon obtaining their degrees, students enter the workforce earning an average starting salary of $41,000.
For the full story, please visit http://college.usatoday.com/2017/07/29/top-colleges-for-sociology/.
Related News Items
- UCI graduate programs in economics, political science and sociology make big leaps in latest U.S. News and World Report rankings
- White cops more likely to arrest, use force against people of color, study of Chicago police finds
- UCI social sciences counts 27 faculty among world's top researchers
- UCI and CDCR sign MOU to partner on new in-prison bachelor's degree program
- UCI is No. 2 in nation for diversity in 2021 Wall Street Journal ranking