Opinion: In the outrage over discrimination, how do we define ‘Asian American’?
- May 16, 2017
- Jennifer Lee, sociology, via NBC News
Jennifer Lee, chancellor's fellow and professor of sociology at the University of California, Irvine, [writes]: This May marks the 25th anniversary of the permanent designation of Asian Pacific American Heritage Month. As in years past, APA Heritage Month commemorations will include events across the country, highlighting the contributions, culture, history, and challenges faced by Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders.
For the full story, please visit http://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/opinion-outrage-over-discrimination-how-do-we-define-asian-american-n757586.
Related News Items
- How the Federal Reserve can be used to help the average American
- A lesson in solidarity
- UCI sociologists are making their mark
- New program allows incarcerated students to get bachelor's degrees alongside peers on the outside
- UCI and CDCR sign MOU to partner on new in-prison bachelor's degree program