From ‘unassimilable' to ‘exceptional': An evolution of Asian American stereotypes
- May 10, 2017
- Jennifer Lee, sociology, via Asia Society, May 10, 2017
University of California, Irvine Sociologist Jennifer Lee researches immigration, education, and race relations — particularly related to Asian Americans. ... In an interview … Lee discussed how stereotypes have evolved and continue to influence Asian Americans, what some takeaways were from the Asian American Voices in the 2016 Election survey, and why the "Asian American" label can sometimes mask challenges that certain Asian ethnic groups face.
For the full story, please visit http://asiasociety.org/blog/asia/unassimilable-exceptional-evolution-asian-american-stereotypes.
Related News Items
- How the Federal Reserve can be used to help the average American
- A lesson in solidarity
- UCI sociologists are making their mark
- New program allows incarcerated students to get bachelor's degrees alongside peers on the outside
- UCI and CDCR sign MOU to partner on new in-prison bachelor's degree program