Cultural lag and the fallacy of Asian Americans as the model minority
- April 25, 2017
- Jennifer Lee, sociology, via The Society Pages, April 25, 2017
Jennifer Lee, Chancellor’s Fellow and professor of sociology at the University of California, Irvine, [writes]: Without question, Dao deserves our outrage, empathy, and support, and kudos to the masses that demanded it. But just as deserving are individuals of other racial and ethnic backgrounds, ages, and socioeconomic statuses who lack the protection of visible status markers that deny them the same degree of public respectability.
For the full story, please visit https://thesocietypages.org/specials/cultural-lag-and-the-fallacy-of-asian-americans-as-the-model-minority/.
Related News Items
- A lesson in solidarity
- UCI sociologists are making their mark
- New program allows incarcerated students to get bachelor's degrees alongside peers on the outside
- UCI and CDCR sign MOU to partner on new in-prison bachelor's degree program
- Vox co-founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein on politics and his Irvine roots