How to quantify (and fight) gerrymandering
- April 4, 2017
- Bernie Grofman, poli sci, via Quanta Magazine, April 4, 2017
“We didn’t have this level of sophistication in simulation available a decade ago,
which was the last major case on this topic before the [U.S. Supreme] Court,” said
Bernard Grofman, a political scientist at the University of California, Irvine.
For the full story, please visit https://www.quantamagazine.org/20170404-gerrymandering-math-standard/.
Related News Items
- Why the Democrats' likely poor midterm performance this year may be of their own and Joe Biden's making
- Commentary: Bellwether counties are mostly a matter of chance and are now poor predictors of presidential election results.
- Amid primary disarray, Ohio Redistricting Commission starts work on 4th legislative maps
- Judges replace the NC congressional redistricting plan. The state Supreme Court denies all requests for a stay.
- Trial court rejects NC congressional map, OKs legislative districts