1 in 10 immigrants in U.S. illegally live in New York area
- February 10, 2017
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and poli sci, via Fox 5, Feb, 10, 2017
That could pose a challenge to the new administration's efforts to increase deportations, said Louis DeSipio, a professor of political science and Chicano/Latino studies at University of California, Irvine. "If Trump wants numbers, rather than to solve a political problem, he needs to go to these places, because that is where the numbers are," he said.
For the full story, please visit http://www.fox5ny.com/news/235046703-story.
Related News Items
- Targeting Latino voters in the world we now live
- Orange County was the heart of California conservatism. Now it's up for grabs.
- 20 Western Hemisphere nations sign Los Angeles Declaration on migrants despite key absences
- Orange County election results: Spitzer reelected as DA, Supervisor seat headed for runoff
- Orange County voters head to polls with plenty of choices