What do inauguration protesters hope to accomplish?
- January 19, 2017
- David Meyer, sociology, in The Christian Science Monitor and Yahoo! News, Jan. 19, 2017
An event like the Women’s March on Washington, which is expected to attract as many as 200,000 protesters, "only makes a difference, and only makes sense, in the context of a larger social movement campaign," says David Meyer, a sociology professor at the University of California, Irvine. "But in the context of a larger social movement campaign, events like this matter."
For the full story, please visit http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2017/0119/What-do-inauguration-protesters-hope-to-accomplish.
Related News Items
- Here are the issues Markey and Kennedy have focused on in D.C.
- Mass shootings give gun control cause new strength - for now
- Vox co-founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein on politics and his Irvine roots
- Hong Kong protests: Is anyone in charge?
- Who's really behind the push to make protesting a felony?