Will Trump take on the controversial EB-5 visa program?
- December 30, 2016
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and poli sci, on Southern California Public Radio, Dec. 30, 2016
Louis DeSipio, a political scientist at UC Irvine, said the Trump administration is likely to look favorably on this aspect of immigration policy. "I would imagine, despite his angry rhetoric about immigrants and immigration, that we would see a protection of EB-5 and maybe even an expansion," DeSipio said, "and he would argue that an expansion would lead to economic development."
For the full story, please visit http://www.scpr.org/news/2016/12/30/67697/will-trump-take-on-the-controversial-eb-5-visa-pro/.
Related News Items
- Federal government considers two more California sites to house unaccompanied migrant children
- Biden's immigration reform bill could change everything... or not pass at all. Here's what you need to know.
- Biden unveils plan for path to citizenship, history of immigration reform
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump