How a spate of Congressional retirements could impact California and national politics (Audio)
- December 29, 2016
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and poli sci, on Southern California Public Radio, Dec. 29, 2016
The LA Times has identified a number of CA legislators that could bow out of Congress in the next couple of years. Patt Morrison speaks with UC Irvine political scientist Matthew Beckman about the implications and what these potential retirements could mean for CA and national politics.
For the full story, please visit http://www.scpr.org/programs/airtalk/2016/12/29/54097/how-a-spate-of-congressional-retirements-could-imp/.
Related News Items
- Orange County Democrats celebrate recall victory as Republicans look to the future
- Federal government considers two more California sites to house unaccompanied migrant children
- Biden's immigration reform bill could change everything... or not pass at all. Here's what you need to know.
- Biden unveils plan for path to citizenship, history of immigration reform
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021