Fresno County sheriff: Allowing ICE agents in the jail could be a model for the nation (Audio)
- December 20, 2016
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and poli sci, via Valley Public Radio, Dec. 20, 2016
There are significant hurdles that would complicate the matter says UC Irvine political
science professor Louis DeSipio. ... “It would be a very expensive commitment of staffing
for an agency that has lots of enforcement responsibilities. Not just checking people
who are detained for one reason or another. But also going out and finding people
who have outstanding deportation orders against them,” DeSipio says.
For the full story, please visit http://kvpr.org/post/fresno-county-sheriff-allowing-ice-agents-jail-could-be-model-nation.
Related News Items
- Orange County Democrats celebrate recall victory as Republicans look to the future
- Federal government considers two more California sites to house unaccompanied migrant children
- Biden's immigration reform bill could change everything... or not pass at all. Here's what you need to know.
- Biden unveils plan for path to citizenship, history of immigration reform
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021