Fresno County sheriff: Allowing ICE agents in the jail could be a model for the nation (Audio)
- December 20, 2016
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and poli sci, via Valley Public Radio, Dec. 20, 2016
There are significant hurdles that would complicate the matter says UC Irvine political
science professor Louis DeSipio. ... “It would be a very expensive commitment of staffing
for an agency that has lots of enforcement responsibilities. Not just checking people
who are detained for one reason or another. But also going out and finding people
who have outstanding deportation orders against them,” DeSipio says.
For the full story, please visit http://kvpr.org/post/fresno-county-sheriff-allowing-ice-agents-jail-could-be-model-nation.
Related News Items
- California could decide control of the House
- Rep. Katie Porter, Scott Baugh locked in tight race in California's 47th congressional district
- Races for Orange County congressional seats too close to call
- Orange County braces for voter storm
- Rounding up some of the most contentious races in Orange County