Will the minimum wage debate ever be settled?
- December 17, 2016
- David Neumark, economics, in The Atlantic and MSN, Dec. 17, 2016
David Neumark, an economist and the director of the Center for Economics and Public
Policy at the University of California, Irvine, whose research has found negative
employment effects from minimum-wage laws, said via email that while the report was
“interesting evidence, [it was] clearly not up to the standards of the best academic
work estimating the employment effects of minimum wages.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/12/minimum-wage-debate/510383/.
Related News Items
- 10,000+ women sue Google over gender pay disparity
- Over 10,000 women are suing Google over gender pay disparity
- Google women suing over gender bias win class-action status
- Research and commentary: Rhode Island House considering bills to increase minimum wage
- The true story of the minimum-wage fight (Ep. 460)