My president was black
- December 13, 2016
- Michael Tesler, poli sci, in The Atlantic, Dec. 13, 2016
Michael Tesler, a political-science professor at UC Irvine, has studied the effect
of Obama’s race on the American electorate. “No other factor, in fact, came close
to dividing the Democratic primary electorate as powerfully as their feelings about
African Americans,” he and his co-author, David O. Sears, concluded in their book,
Obama’s Race: The 2008 Election and the Dream of a Post-Racial America.
For the full story, please visit https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/01/my-president-was-black/508793/?utm_source=feed.
Related News Items
- America's racial awakening forces Virginia Military Institute to confront its past - and future
- The souls of white folk
- Asian Americans fastest-growing racial group in US: Pew research
- Why the recent violence against Asian Americans may solidify their support of democrats
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021