Clinton won as many votes as Obama in 2012 − just not in the states where she needed them most
- December 9, 2016
- Michael Tesler, poli sci, in the Los Angeles Times, Dec. 9, 2016
Michael Tesler, a political scientist at UC Irvine, has spent the year studying the role of race in the campaign. In a series of articles, he has described survey data that show a strong link between measures of racial resentment and support for Trump among white voters.
For the full story, please visit http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-election-final-20161209-story.html.
Related News Items
- America's racial awakening forces Virginia Military Institute to confront its past - and future
- The souls of white folk
- Asian Americans fastest-growing racial group in US: Pew research
- Why the recent violence against Asian Americans may solidify their support of democrats
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021