Clinton won as many votes as Obama in 2012 − just not in the states where she needed them most
- December 9, 2016
- Michael Tesler, poli sci, in the Los Angeles Times, Dec. 9, 2016
Michael Tesler, a political scientist at UC Irvine, has spent the year studying the role of race in the campaign. In a series of articles, he has described survey data that show a strong link between measures of racial resentment and support for Trump among white voters.
For the full story, please visit http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-election-final-20161209-story.html.
Related News Items
- Georgia senate runoff: How Raphael Warnock secured democrats a 51st senate seat
- The 2022 midterms show just how stuck we are
- These political scientists surveyed 500,000 voters. Here are their unnerving conclusions.
- When partisanship forms our identity
- Donald Trump's life of crime: Most books are clueless -- these five explain him best