Foster children at risk for physical, mental health issues
- October 18, 2016
- Kristin Turney, sociology, in Psych Central, Oct. 18, 2016
University of California, Irvine researchers discovered foster children have a higher incidence of a variety of conditions including learning disabilities, developmental delays, and depression as well as behavioral issues, asthma, and obesity.
For the full story, please visit http://psychcentral.com/news/2016/10/18/foster-children-at-risk-for-physical-mental-health-issues/111294.html.
Related News Items
- Phone calls, commissary accounts, lost time: Miles from prison, women face high costs of incarceration
- A lesson in solidarity
- Study: Adolescents' experiences with police have harmful repercussions for later life outcomes
- UCI sociologists are making their mark
- New program allows incarcerated students to get bachelor's degrees alongside peers on the outside