Foster kids face higher risk of health problems
- October 18, 2016
- Kristin Turney, sociology, via Fox 28, Oct. 18, 2016
The study confirms that children in foster care are particularly vulnerable, said lead researcher Kristin Turney, an associate professor of sociology at the University of California, Irvine.
For the full story, please visit http://www.fox28.com/story/33409006/foster-kids-face-higher-risk-of-health-problems-study.
Related News Items
- Phone calls, commissary accounts, lost time: Miles from prison, women face high costs of incarceration
- A lesson in solidarity
- Study: Adolescents' experiences with police have harmful repercussions for later life outcomes
- UCI sociologists are making their mark
- New program allows incarcerated students to get bachelor's degrees alongside peers on the outside