Heated rhetoric aside, what effect has increased Seattle minimum wage had?
- July 26, 2016
- David Neumark, economics professor, in The Christian Science Monitor, Yahoo! News and Business Insider, July 26, 2016
Increasing the minimum wage benefits some while harming others, David Neumark, a professor of economics at the University of California Irvine who has spoken against a $15 minimum wage, tells the Monitor. The small scale of the increases thus far likely accounts for the result of only small effects, he says.
For the full story, please visit http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/USA-Update/2016/0726/Heated-rhetoric-aside-what-effect-has-increased-Seattle-minimum-wage-had.
Related News Items
- Opinion: The least effective minimum-wage hike
- Keywords in job ads could translate to older workers need not apply
- Opinion: Minimum wages are going up. jobs may disappear.
- Ageist language in job ads discourages older applicants, UCI-led study finds
- Bad news, older tech workers: Job advert language works against you