Study: Wearing makeup can earn female workers thousands more per year (Video)
- May 20, 2016
- Research by Andrew Penner, sociologist, and Jaclyn Wong, sociology alumnus, featured by CBS Los Angeles, May 20, 2016
It’s easy to spend big money on small items like makeup. But now, according to a sociologist from UC Irvine, a painted face could earn a woman about $6 thousand more a year than a woman who wears little or no makeup.
For the full story, please visit http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/05/20/study-wearing-makeup-can-earn-female-workers-thousands-more-per-year/.
Related News Items
- A lesson in solidarity
- School discipline causes lasting, harmful impact on Black students, study finds
- UCI-led study links school suspensions and expulsions with inequality in early adulthood
- UCI sociologists are making their mark
- New program allows incarcerated students to get bachelor's degrees alongside peers on the outside